Globalization, combined with the continued growth of IP data and the near-ubiquity of mobile platforms, has pioneered new and innovative methods for businesses and federal agencies to benefit from technology in unprecedented ways. However, as organizations become increasingly interconnected, the risks posed to their most valued IT assets continue to grow. Every year, sensitive data and millions of dollars are lost due to cyber-theft, denial-of-service attacks and other related cyber-threats. Trust the infrastructure platform that thousands of customers and nearly 200 joint customers leverage today to meet their availability, performance and compliance objectives.
Building on the partnership the two companies formed in February 2010, Equinix and Carpathia have announced plans to build the IBX Vault, a Platform Equinix™ facility opening in late 2012.
The 64,000 square foot facility will be built on the current Carpathia Vault campus in Dulles, VA and will support industry-specific compliant solutions for federal agencies, healthcare companies and commercial industries. The IBX Vault will be the most secure compliant data center in the industry, providing the maximum security available to both federal and commercial customers.
Through our partnership, Equinix and Carpathia can support the following compliance standards within the IBX Vault facility:
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
In addition, the IBX Vault will hold the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements #16 (SSAE16) certification.
The IBX Vault will offer customers the following services and features:
- Highly Secure Compliant Colocation
- Highly Secure Compliant Managed Hosting Solutions
- Federal Certification and Accreditation Support
Power and Connectivity:
- Minimum N+1, block redundant for all power and cooling with fully redundant high-density power systems
- Option to directly cross-connect to the highest density of network and IT service providers in the industry
Key Technical Highlights:
- High Security Posture
- 24x7 Armed Guard Security
- Cleared On-Site Personnel
- High Power Density
- Redundant High Capacity Bandwidth