Carpathia is a trusted cloud operator and leading provider of cloud services and managed hosting for government agencies and enterprises. We are committed to developing motivated and insightful thought-leaders and provide career opportunities and experiences service customers that demand high security, quality and performance.
The purpose of this role is to provide pre-sales support with the acute ability to design custom cloud based (i.e. public, private, hybrid) infrastructure solutions that suit the defined business, technical, service and budgetary requirements of new and existing customers.
- Exemplifies advanced knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure solutions built around the VMWare suite (i.e. vCloud)
- Works to customize highly complex cloud configurations and associated services working with sales personnel in response to customer needs with minimal to no supervision.
- Present advanced technical concepts in a clear manner to customers through Visio demonstrations, technical review, and proposal presentation
- Collaborates with sales teams and peers to determine best product and services fit accomplished via conference calls, site visits, and email correspondence
- Provides mentoring to other solution engineers with respect to cloud architectures, technologies and best practices
- Interfaces with internal teams by working with new product initiatives to ensure completeness and relevance to customer requirements
- Participation in after-hours customer escalations as needed
- Provides support by listening to the customer first, establishing strong relationships with both customers and sales teams, demonstrating technical credibility, and making the transformation to a Carpathia cloud/managed solution as seamless as possible
- Strong consultative selling acumen
- Deep experience with the VMWare suite of cloud solutions (vCloud, vSphere) as well as associated cloud storage solutions
- Advanced working experience with various storage protocol technologies, vendors, and principles such as disaster recovery, high availability, replication, optimization, snapshots, backups, etc
- Familiarity with other cloud platforms such as CloudStack and OpenStack
- Applied understanding of software defined compute, network, and storage concepts, technologies and solutions is required
- Any relevant industry training and/or certifications including but not limited to cloud technologies/virtualization (e.g. VMware, Citrix, Xen), operating systems (e.g. Microsoft, Linux), server and storage platforms (e.g. NetApp, EMC, Dell) and network devices (e.g. F5, Cisco, Brocade) is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols, standards, and hardware such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, 1/10Gb Ethernet, FCoE, iSCSI, load balancers, firewalls, log management, IDS, and proxies
- Practical understanding of compliance measures such as PCI, FISMA, SOX, and HIPAA
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical capabilities and technical knowledge by providing innovative yet supportable solutions
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills with the capacity to articulate complex technical topics to varying customer audiences (administrators to executives)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity by making the appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions
- BSCS/BSEE or equivalent work experience is required
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Carpathia please visit our website at www.carpathia.com.
Carpathia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.